Director, Commercial Operations
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining the customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits, and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers, and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, we embrace FAST, our fundamental operating principles that define who we are as an organization. These principles drive us to make the impossible possible. FAST: Focus + Accountability + Speed = Talkdesker.
- Focus: Makes the very best use of your own efforts and those of your team. Creates space and clarity, so that you can focus your energy and attention on the things that really matter.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. Accepts responsibility for successes and failures of own work, the team’s work, and the company.
- Speed: Executes with agility and urgency. Acts promptly, decisively, and without delay. Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Talkdesker: YOU!
Reporting to the SVP Revenue Operations, you will be responsible for the run and ongoing improvement of our Commercial Operations, which will include our Order Operations, Deal Desk, CPQ systems/processes, and ownership of all processes, policies and governance of deal management for Talkdesk. .
- Own the end-to-end Commercial Operations for Talkdesk, ensuring effective and efficient quote to closed won business with our Sales, CSM, and internal functional teams
- Ensures all Change Management is dealt with appropriately, from pricing changes, policies, best practice deal structuring, and ensuring the underlying data is managed accordingly to maintain our system integrity
- Management of the deal approval process, ensuring timely approvals are managed to a defined SLA, and improve systematically to ensure we are able to maintain controls, while continuously improving speed and impact
- Own with our leadership team the most complex deal structuring
- Drive ongoing enablement and capabilities for our field teams, increasing education, impact and management of deals
- Support shift to a proactive approach on deal management, participating in deal reviews and forecasts
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in Deal Management, Order Management and Deal Desk functions, within a SaaS or consumption tech environment.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve goals.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with clients, stakeholders, and internal teams.
- Deep understanding of deal cycles, processes, deal structuring, CPQ within a subscription/SaaS business
- Strong Financial acumen especially in deal economics
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change, foster innovation, and lead organizational change.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools used across the domain, including SFDC, SFDC CPQ
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Primarily office-environment work, extended periods of sitting or standing, computer-based work. Limited lifting, and equipment usage limited to computer-related equipment (keyboards, mouse, etc.)