Solutions Engineer - Financial Services & Banking
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining the customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits, and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers, and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, we embrace FAST, our fundamental operating principles that define who we are as an organization. These principles drive us to make the impossible possible. FAST: Focus + Accountability + Speed = Talkdesker.
- Focus: Focus time, energy and attention on what is most impactful for the business and thoughtful about how and when to partner with others.
- Accountability: Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments and drive results. Accept responsibility for successes and failures.
- Speed: Execute with agility and urgency. Act promptly, decisively, and without delay. Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Talkdesker: YOU!
The Solutions Engineer is an expert who understands customer-specific needs in order to provide business-driven consulting to prospects as well as existing customers. SE’s provide business-centric expertise that helps our Sales team establish market and deal-level visibility that resonates, clearly differentiating our solutions from the competition. This Solutions Engineer is regarded as an experienced operator/practitioner in the Contact Center space and is highly knowledgeable about the unique nuances of this industry. Solutions Engineers must be able to move between many key facets of the sales cycle from pre-sales engineering support to solution qualification and execution, to solution architecture and post-sale upsell. The Solutions Engineer is recognized as a credible thought leader, is confidently able to address C-level discussions, and able to help the seller effectively expand the revenue opportunities.
- Understand customer-specific needs to provide business-driven consulting to prospective and existing customers.
- Provide business-centric expertise that helps our Sales team establish market and deal-level visibility that resonates with prospects and customers, clearly differentiating our solutions from the competition.
- Be regarded as an experienced operator/practitioner in the Contact Center space and is highly knowledgeable about the unique nuances of this industry.
- Solutions Engineers must be able to move between many key facets of the sales cycle from pre-sales engineering support to solution qualification and execution, to solution architecture and post-sale upsell.
- The Solutions Engineer is recognized as a credible thought leader, is confidently able to address C-level discussions, and able to help the seller effectively expand the revenue opportunities.
- Deeply understands the dynamics of CCaaS and possesses a solid understanding of the Contact Center space
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of internal and external customer responsiveness
- Exhibits exceptional cross-team collaboration and internal customer support
- Provides excellent consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse customers/prospects, including executive-level business owners
- Exhibits expert facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, listen and question effectively (includes corporate/executive briefings)
- Possesses superior presentation skills, both virtual and live within a “tell show tell” format
- Has excellent written communication skills, demonstrates the ability to write with purpose and accuracy
- Is adept at critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills that balance thoughtful analysis with timely responsiveness
- Has self-directed work habits, exhibiting strong initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance
- Exhibits strong teamwork skills and ability to act as a strategic partner to the client and account team
- Meets weekly with direct manager in order to review pending priorities, reflect on recent accomplishments and how to overcome challenges
- Proficiency in using hosted contact center applications
- Travels to internal meetings and customer sites as warranted (travel estimate 20-50%)
- 5+ years of Solutions Engineering experience in a related SaaS field
- 2+ years of related industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Superior presentation skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution
- In-depth knowledge of Customer Service Software, Business Intelligence, Workforce Engagement Management, Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field; or equivalent experience
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Primarily office-environment work, extended periods of sitting or standing, computer-based work. Limited lifting, and equipment usage limited to computer-related equipment (keyboards, mouse, etc.)