Sales Development Manager - Tysons Corner, VA
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining the customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits, and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers, and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, we embrace FAST, our fundamental operating principles that define who we are as an organization. These principles drive us to make the impossible possible. FAST: Focus + Accountability + Speed = Talkdesker.
- Focus: Focus time, energy and attention on what is most impactful for the business and thoughtful about how and when to partner with others.
- Accountability: Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments and drive results. Accept responsibility for successes and failures.
- Speed: Execute with agility and urgency. Act promptly, decisively, and without delay. Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Talkdesker: YOU!
Talkdesk is seeking an energetic, passionate, and experienced Sales Development Leader to help us scale our high performing & fast growing Sales Development Team. Your mission will be the growth and development of our SDRs to serve as the future sales talent of Talkdesk, while exceeding targets through a high-converting revenue pipeline.
How you’ll contribute:
- Serve as an inspiring coach and mentor to your team by providing continuous coaching to increase individual and team effectiveness & productivity
- Work closely with your people to ensure each SDR is consistently meeting and overachieving their quota through candid feedback, weekly 1:1 meetings, developing trusting relationships, and understanding the challenges they face on a daily basis
- Not being afraid to lead by example, rolling up your sleeves, jumping in the trenches, and making calls yourself with the team
- Being a source of knowledge & skill on new & emerging prospecting trends that your team can learn and apply
- Drive the execution and achievement of Talkdesk’s pipeline coverage goals by meticulously analyzing top-of-the-funnel metrics, meeting & pipeline quality, and revenue impact across the segments you support
- Partner & align with Sales Leadership, Marketing, RevOps, Enablement, and Product Marketing on the planning, execution, and success of campaigns & field events, exceed pipeline targets, and ensure your team masters their understanding of our buyers and the Talkdesk message
- Attract, hire, train, and retain top-tier SDR talent for our Tysons Corner office
- Produce high-performing SDRs and build them as the next tier of top-performing AEs
We are receiving a high volume of applicants. If you are interested, please apply directly, and send an email to the Vice President of Global Sales Development expressing your interest.
You’ll stand out with:
- 1+ years of experience building and leading a sales development team
- Proven successful experience as an SDR and SDR Leader, consistently meeting and exceeding targets
- Experience & deep expertise with techstack platforms such as Outreach, ZoomInfo, Sales Navigator, Apollo, Conversational Intelligence tools, video prospecting tools, etc.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability, knowledge, and hunger to step in and coach on a daily basis: inclusive of tactical management of reps and shadowing/coaching of calls & written outreach
- Background of hiring, training, retaining, and enabling reps for success, with strong performance management skills
- Excellent mentoring, coaching, motivating, and people management skills
Please note, this role will be in office (Tysons Corner, VA) more than 80% of the time.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Primarily office-environment work, extended periods of sitting or standing, computer-based work. Limited lifting, and equipment usage limited to computer-related equipment (keyboards, mouse, etc.)