Director, GTM Finance
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining the customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits, and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers, and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, we embrace FAST, our fundamental operating principles that define who we are as an organization. These principles drive us to make the impossible possible. FAST: Focus + Accountability + Speed = Talkdesker.
- Focus: Focus time, energy and attention on what is most impactful for the business and thoughtful about how and when to partner with others.
- Accountability: Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments and drive results. Accept responsibility for successes and failures.
- Speed: Execute with agility and urgency. Act promptly, decisively, and without delay. Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Talkdesker: YOU!
As a Director of GTM Finance, the role will support our Customer Journey strategy in partnership with the Customer Journey leadership team. This individual will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally within a fast-moving technology company and its senior management to build annual budget, manage forecast, and provide decision support through financial analyses to ensure optimal return on strategic investments. This is a key position providing guidance on financial and operational matters across the entire organization. This is a high visibility role and will report directly to the VP of Finance.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated experience of working with fast growing sales organizations associated with a SaaS business model. Additionally, they will bring exceptional analytical skills, strong communications skills, and a keen attention to details.
- Provide strategic guidance and thought partnership to Customer Journey team leaders and executives to define strategy best serve the businesses and deliver on our growth goals
- Partner with the Sales Operation team to develop and monitor key performance indicators driving insights into Sales productivity and enabling data-backed investment decisions
- Anticipate risks and opportunities relative to the current and long term strategic plan; lead discussions and develop actions to mitigate these risks and capitalize on growth opportunities within the various addressable markets
- Translate business strategies and objectives to financial outcomes by developing trust with executives and partnering with peer leaders, other business divisions, and across other finance functions (e.g., accounting, internal audit, finance operations)
- Recruit, mentor and coach the team that continually analyzes the operating results of the business to provide insightful recommendations that accelerate growth; ensure members have the resources, tools, skills, and capabilities they require to be exceptional finance business partners
- Develop monthly spend forecast and drive the budget planning process.
- Collaborate with business partners in Customer Journey team on ad-hoc projects and financial modeling.
- Develop new processes and tools to drive scalable analysis and insights.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyze financial results, distill/synthesize key trends, assess current and future business risk, and communicate key messages to senior management
- Support executive management by providing timely ad hoc reporting on critical issues
- Become embedded with business partners across the company, establishing trust, building relationships and gaining a deep understanding of relevant drivers
- 8+ years of relevant finance experience preferred; SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Strong financial and operational planning skills
- Ability to influence at all levels of an organization with an emphasis on partnering with the various business leaders
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with experience developing and delivering presentations
- Expertise in building Excel-based financial models, with an emphasis on aggregating and analyzing data to provide actionable insights
- Ability to multi-task effectively, working in team environments or independently
- Four-year university degree in finance, economics or accounting required
- Experience with financial systems- NetSuite, Zuora, Salesforce, Adaptive insights, etc.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Primarily office-environment work, extended periods of sitting or standing, computer-based work. Limited lifting, and equipment usage limited to computer-related equipment (keyboards, mouse, etc.)