Solution Engineering Manager, Industries
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining the customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits, and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers, and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, we embrace FAST, our fundamental operating principles that define who we are as an organization. These principles drive us to make the impossible possible. FAST: Focus + Accountability + Speed = Talkdesker.
- Focus: Focus time, energy and attention on what is most impactful for the business and thoughtful about how and when to partner with others.
- Accountability: Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments and drive results. Accept responsibility for successes and failures.
- Speed: Execute with agility and urgency. Act promptly, decisively, and without delay. Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Talkdesker: YOU!
- You will be responsible for leading a Solution Engineering team that develops and executes on go-to-market strategies to increase market penetration including driving customer facing activities, hiring, onboarding, and retaining our Solutions team.
- You will be leading SE teams of selected industries, with the initial focus being Public Sector (Federal/SLED), and Retail.
- Provide leadership to the team across all three areas: People Leadership, Technical Leadership and Sales/Business Leadership.
- This individual must exhibit leadership qualities that inspire collaboration and trust to influence multiple stakeholders to support Talkdesk’s global sales strategy. You will drive that strategy by building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies including senior level executives, sales, professional services, other value add teams in Global Solution Engineering and more. You will co-develop a shared vision with these teams and influence all stakeholder groups as a change agent.
- Develop trust with Talkdesk and customer leadership to remove project roadblocks and ensure project success.
- Understand customer use cases, map our solution to their pain points, formulate best practices, and document requirements (functional and technical) needed to address needs.
- Leverage strong technical acumen to identify process and technical solutions dynamically to unexpected situations. Navigate those solutions internally using product requirements, business cases, and more to overcome objections and obstacles.
- Partner with internal teams such as Product, Support, etc. to assure timely delivery of feature requests, bug fixes and support requests.
- Grow and develop the Global Solutions team. Hire to your team’s growth plan. Identify process and operational improvements for our organization then lead those projects through to success. Set visionary goals for teams that uplevel the entire SE organization.
- The Solutions Engineer Manager is recognized as a credible thought leader, is confidently able to address C-level discussions, and able to help the sales leaders effectively expand the revenue opportunities.
- 2-5 years of experience in leading Sales Engineering teams, as a member of the Sales leadership, preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the Contact Center Solution or in SaaS space is preferred
- 2+ years of related industry experience is desired
- Government clearance or a willingness to obtain clearance
- A proven track record of managing and delivering IT projects for enterprise companies.
- Complete KPI management and methodology optimization
- Engaging personality and possesses a true consulting approach and ability to communicate technical concepts to people of all backgrounds and skill levels
- Ability to communicate and manage escalations and maintain C-level relationships
- A passion for helping people solve problems and proven ability to understand progressive technology
- In-depth knowledge of Customer Service Software, Business Intelligence, Workforce Engagement Management, Artificial Intelligence
- Exhibits expert facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, listen and question effectively (includes corporate/executive briefings)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Mature demeanor and positive attitude, as well as discretion and sensitivity when dealing with team members and customers
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced startup environment
- Salesforce and other CRM experience desired
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field; or equivalent experience
- Travel requirement: up to 25%
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Primarily office-environment work, extended periods of sitting or standing, computer-based work. Limited lifting, and equipment usage limited to computer-related equipment (keyboards, mouse, etc.)