Vice President, General Manager Public Sector
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining the customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits, and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers, and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, we embrace FAST, our fundamental operating principles that define who we are as an organization. These principles drive us to make the impossible possible. FAST: Focus + Accountability + Speed = Talkdesker.
- Focus: Focus time, energy and attention on what is most impactful for the business and thoughtful about how and when to partner with others.
- Accountability: Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments and drive results. Accept responsibility for successes and failures.
- Speed: Execute with agility and urgency. Act promptly, decisively, and without delay. Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Talkdesker: YOU!
At Talkdesk we empower our leadership team to make decisions that drive incredible customer experiences. Our customer obsession partnered with our dedication to innovation accelerates our speed to market and rapid pace of innovation. Our leaders today are actively creating the foundation for the employee experience that is shaping the future of Talkdesk inside and out. They are truly architecting every facet of their respective organizations while continuously improving the way that we scale to solve problems. Our leaders pride themselves in having a forward-thinking approach that capitalizes on continuous improvement and curiosity.
We are looking for a highly motivated Vice President, GM - Public Sector to join Talkdesk. Are you inspired by building something new? Do you like to dig in, collaborate across the organization and your network, and create the strategy and plan to build a game-changing sustainable business? Do you have the experience in and passion for education and government and want to be an integral part of building something amazing?
- Industry GMs at Talkdesk are responsible for
- Setting direction and priorities for the vertical motion across Talkdesk functional teams
- Achieving revenue targets by partnering with Sales and Customer Success to execute industry-led playbooks
- Identifying and assuring the optimal product roadmap to deliver a market leading position within the vertical
- Being the public face of Talkdesk through marketing and presence at key events. This will include market positioning and thought leadership
- In partnership with the Alliances team, developing the eco-system of partners required to drive scale and market leadership
- The VP GM Public Sector will be responsible for driving penetration in higher education, slate and local government. As Talkdesk progresses through the FedRAMP process the focus will also encompass the Federal government
Experience and Skills Required:
- SaaS experience required
- 15+ years of experience in related industry
- Strategy, P&L, executive business experience required
- Ability to navigate and develop cross-functional and global relationships
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment is a must
- Strong executive presence and executive communication skills is a must
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Primarily office-environment work, extended periods of sitting or standing, computer-based work. Limited lifting, and equipment usage limited to computer-related equipment (keyboards, mouse, etc.)