Senior Business Analyst - Finance
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to add significant value to our business. We continue to grow extremely fast which poses both a challenge and opportunity to adjust our processes and use of systems which will help scale our business to even greater heights.
The Senior Business Analyst role is responsible for examining existing and new systems for improvement, uncovering and reporting common issues, evaluating Back Office Finance performance, and recommending new system procedures along with transformational use of technology. This role works closely with various teams to ensure that technology delivers to the business needs, both strategically and tactically.
What we can offer you
This exciting role will be open to someone who can bring their full breadth of experience to bear, and to realise their vision of a new way of working. Some of the most important aspects of the role will focus on:
- Partnering with business stakeholders to understand the opportunity / challenge / problem statement
- Translating business to functional requirements for software development teams, representing the needs of the business
- Demonstrating excellence through quality artefacts which will represent the core ingredients of any initiative
- Interacting across the breadth of our stakeholder environment from technical to senior executives
Given the level of expertise involved and potential to implement high value projects, the successful candidate will be well positioned to expand their career within Workhuman.
The Skills you will bring
The qualified candidate will bring a key set of skills and experience:
- Analytical and project/consulting experience within Information Technology particularly within Finance (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Financial Accounting, Order to Cash)
- A record of working with business and technical stakeholders to understand and solve specific work problems
- Personal initiative to drive projects from inception, working through analysis and ensuring quality through requirements traceability
- Constantly open to new challenges and non-standard projects which may have an uncertain environment
- You have delivered projects across the back office or finance environment
- You will have a record of instilling quality in the projects you have been involved with
- You have continuously adapted and reskilled as required, holding learning qualifications relevant to your work
- Your record speaks for itself; you drive quality by bringing teams together and by using quality artefacts that you have produced, to instil confidence and traceability for projects
- You may have been involved in large transformation where deep analysis has been required, leveraging the experience and input from different teams such as architecture, engineering/development and business stakeholders
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with years of service
- Company plan VHI Health Care & Dental cover for employee and dependencies
- A Pension commencing after probation period
- Participation in Workhuman’s employee recognition programs
- Discounted gift certificates
- Discounted TaxSaver Travel cards/free car parking (subject to availability)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Access to our Tuition Reimbursement Scheme
- Access to Workhuman University
- Additional ‘perks’ - Free grab and go breakfast and lunch options, fruit, tea/coffee, fantastic catered events and wellness activities throughout the year throughout the year etc
At Workhuman® our mission is to bring more humanity to the workplace. We recognise and embrace individuals’ differences and believe that workforce diversity and inclusion are essential to our long-term growth and success. Even if you don’t think you “check every single box” above, please still consider applying. We’re looking for a human who is collaborative, innovative with a growth mindset
We love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work through our people and our technology. Our human cloud-based applications are helping some of the world’s leading global brands connect culture to shared purpose. The Workhuman Cloud empowers employees to thank, talk and celebrate each other, creating an environment that sparks gratitude and human connection while increasing employee engagement and productivity.
Did you know we have an award-winning culture across EMEA and North America:
We were named as #5 Best Workplace in the Great Place to Work Awards in Ireland in 2022 in the large-sized workplace category. We were also recognised as the Best Workplace for Women and the Best Workplace in Technology in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
In 2021 we were named as #2 Best Workplace in Europe in the medium-sized workplace category.
We were also recognised as #2 Best Large Places to Work in Boston by Built In for 2023 as well as the Best Place to Work in Boston, U.S. Best Large Places to Work, and U.S. Best Places to Work.
There are currently over 7.5 million users on the Workhuman® cloud across 180 countries.
Our core values are Respect, Determination, Innovation, and Imagination.
Workhuman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. We proudly provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions at Workhuman are based solely on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Workhuman believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.