Summer Law Clerk (10-12 week commitment required)
Copado is the #1 DevOps Platform for Salesforce and the Cloud. We harness the power of native CI/CD and Robotic Testing to drive digital transformation for 1,000+ of the most innovative brands on the planet — from Coca-Cola to eBay to Volkswagen. Our low-code platform unites non-technical admins and pro-code developers on the same system and empowers enterprises to scale end-to-end software delivery across multi-cloud environments.
The impact on your business? 20X faster releases, 94% fewer production bugs and 46% more Salesforce ROI. The impact on your team? No more late nights, weekend war rooms or stressful release days.
Brief Summary of role:
Copado is a DevOps platform built to assist organizations in managing every aspect of the software development lifecycle. We are seeking a motivated summer Law Clerk to support various initiatives of the Copado Legal Team for up to 40 hours a week. The primary role of an in-house legal team is to protect an organization's legal interests and maintain its operations within the scope established by the law. The Law Clerk will work under the supervision of several Copado attorneys to learn the ins and outs of in-house law. We are currently only looking for candidates located in the EST or CST timezones.
What you’ll be doing:
- Draft contracts, memoranda, and other business correspondence.
- Assist with internal compliance initiatives (e.g., employment, data privacy and security, export, etc.).
- Collect, disseminate, and track various legal documents and information.
- Analyze legal agreements and provide feedback.
- Conduct legal research and writing.
- Assist with project management, coordination, and collaboration with business clients.
- Advance corporate governance initiatives.
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be in the process of obtaining a JD from an accredited law school.
- Basic writing, researching, proofreading, and formatting skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proactive self-starter who can manage their time effectively and work with general supervision.
- An ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information.
- Upholds the COPA values.
Copado is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Copado does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Copado will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Copado.